ELECTRONIC CONTROL DIAGNOSTIC LIGHTS
The electronic control has 6 diagnostic lights to aid in the service of the dryer. Each pocket has indicator lights for the motor circuit, door switch circuit, and heating circuit. When the electronic control is carefully unlocked and moved forward these lights are visible on the circuit board. They are each labeled as to function indicated.
- When either dryer door is closed, the appropriate door light on the computer should be illuminated indicating that the door is closed.
- When either dryer is running, the appropriate motor light on the computer should be illuminated indicating that the computer is calling for the motor to operate.
- When either dryer is calling for heat, the appropriate heat light on the computer should be illuminated indicating that the computer is calling for heat.
An example of their function would be troubleshooting an upper dryer pocket that did not heat.
- Star the machine and ensure that it did not heat.
- Check the upper heat light and see if it is lit.
- If the heat light is on, this would indicate that the computer was calling for heat and that it was not at fault. You would then go on to check the rest of the heating circuit.
ELECTRONIC CONTROL TEST CYCLE.
This test cycle allows the dryer to run for 5 minutes without the need for adding money while serving. To actuate this 5-minute test cycle leave the loading doors closed, unlock the computer, and push the program button on the right front corner of the computer as if you were putting it into the program mode. This will give a 5-minute cycle on both tumblers for evaluating the machine.